According to Research: Men Are Idiots and Idiots Do Stupid Things

Fans of the Big Bang Theory, of which I am one, will appreciate this post. Research published in the prestigious British Medical Journal indicates men are more likely to exhibit idiotic behavior. In the article the authors discuss the Darwin Awards which are awarded to individuals when “their action ensures the long-term survival of the species by selectively allowing one less idiot to survive”. Ouch!

Of the 318 individual Darwin awardees honored to date 282 (88.7%) were men leaving just 36 (11.3%) to women! In the article the authors recommended the validation of a male idiot theory or (MIT get it MIT….these scientists and their humor) in future research work.

According to the above mentioned MIT many of the differences in risk seeking behavior, emergency department admissions, and mortality may be explained by the observation that men are idiots and idiots do stupid things.

Just reporting the facts guys so don’t blame the messenger. Ladies, go ahead and have a field day with this one!

Complete manuscript and a bonus podcast interview with a lead author, while a bit dry overall, is available for those who prefer audio.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/12/12/370414365/are-men-idiots-who-do-stupid-things-study-says-yes

 

<< Go back to the previous page